How can we improve Divinity: Original Sin 2?

Make skill school independent from attributes

I loved the first D:OS and, most importantly, the freedom of choosing your characters skills. I did not like however, the fact that skill trees were dependent on your attribute. Since leveling was so scarce, you could only really level up two main attributes. That really limits someone who say, want to make a man at arms and scoundrel hybrid because the attribute he doesn't level makes its corresponding skills weaker. Therefore, I propose to allow a greater freedom of customization, that you make the skill strength dependent solely on the level of the skill school. The attributes would then determine your weapon strength, with strength going to melee weapons, finesse for ranged, and intelligence for magic. Skills that require a weapon would be taken out, and a new type of skill tree called weapon skill schools could be introduced. For example, the expert marksman skills that require a bow would become a separate type of skill school, and the remaining skills could be a survival skill school. Additionally, armor shouldn't be dependent on attributes. Instead of having a magic/physical armor ability tree, you could have a leather/cloth/metal tree, with metal being high physical defense, cloth being magical, and leather in between. That way, I could create a cloth armored tank that uses a bow and necromancy. This way players would have limitless freedom in creating their characters.
I realize my passage is a little long, so a recap:
Change weapon ability trees to weapon skill school trees affected by attributes
Make armor independent from attributes and specialize in physical/ magical armor and ability trees
Make skill schools independent from attributes
Ohhh and make daggers a str based weapon since its melee.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Your name shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I liked your suggestions up until you said daggers should be str based. What?

Feedback and Knowledge Base